Have you recently been in a car accident, albeit because of no fault on your part? Are you wondering whether hiring an accident lawyer would be a good idea? Naturally, you must also be wondering how much do accident lawyers charge? Then, you have arrived at the right destination because we are totally going to tell you about an accident lawyer’s fee structure!
If you suffered as a result of being involved in an accident, hiring an accident lawyer can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve. Before hiring, it’s best to consult with a few lawyers about the nature of your case and how much compensation you can expect to recover.
Keep reading to find out more.
Who Are These Accident Lawyers? What’s Their Purpose?
Before jumping to how much accident lawyers charge, it’s vital that you find out a little about accident lawyers – who are these people and what are their basic functions. You must know what you are paying for at the very least.
Who Are Accident Lawyers?
If you have recently been in any motorcycle personal injury or similar cases, you might be considering whether to hire a personal injury attorney or an accident attorney in your case. Accident lawyers are a type of personal injury lawyers specializing in matters of accidents.
Any accident attorney specializes in providing legal advice and representation to victims who have suffered personal injuries from accidents due to negligible or no fault of their own. For instance, vehicle injuries or product failure are exact situations where you definitely need to hire these attorneys.
These attorneys specialize in working with tort law, inclusive of both intentional and negligent acts. Moreover, they also excel in pursuing compensation related to accident cases for the concerned victims.
The different types of accident cases that accident attorneys deal with are as follows,
- Any automotive accidents, inclusive of both truck and motorcycle accidents.
- Any transportation accidents are inclusive of aviation, boating, aviation, mass transportation accidents, and the like.
- Cases of construction accidents.
What Are The Functions Of An Accident Lawyer?
Before finding out how much lawyers charge for accident claims, let’s check out all the many functions that an accident lawyer performs to make sure that you get the compensation you deserve.
- The first and foremost function of an accident lawyer is to investigate the accident claim made by the victim. These attorneys are particular about the cases they take in – you will soon find out why!
- Naturally, once the attorney takes up the case, the next logical thing to do is to gather evidence to support the victim’s accident claims – this could involve finding vital documents and equally essential witnesses.
- The third and perhaps the most vital function of an accident attorney is to negotiate with the insurance company of the defending party. The amount of compensation a victim receives depends a lot on how well the victim’s attorney can negotiate.
- There are some minor functions like preparing pleadings and conducting discovery, but those all fall within the ones covered above. Lastly, an accident attorney represents the victim in Court if the case goes to trial.
Answering, ‘how Much Do Accident Lawyers Charge?’
So, how much do accident lawyers charge? While charging for the services provided, accident attorneys often work on a contingency basis. This basically means that your accident lawyer will only get paid once the case is won and financial compensation has been recovered.
Moreover, this is a unique fee structure that is popular amongst personal lawyers of all types, and it also makes the process technically free from risks for victims of accidents. Once the accident attorney is able to recover financial compensation, the attorney is paid,
- either a percentage from the compensation, or
- a part of the amount awarded by the Jury or a judge in Court.
The idea of a contingency fee structure is considered to be incredibly beneficial since it ensures that the attorney you are hiring is going to work hard, keeping all your best interests as an immediate priority. Thus, your win is also your lawyer’s win since both of you are getting paid from the same win.
Are you wondering how much lawyers charge for accident claims? Most accident lawyers charge somewhere between 33% to 55% of the financial compensation recovered from a case. That sounds pretty cool…doesn’t it?
Frequently Asked Questions:
Most accident lawyers get paid on a contingency basis. As a result, they charge somewhere between 33% to 55% of the total financial compensation recovered or settlement reached. If the case goes to trial, then the court fees and additional charges are paid separately.
A car accident lawyer performs the following functions,
Investigation of claims,
Gathering of evidence,
Negotiating with insurance companies, and
Representing at court.
Lawyers in Ontario can charge depending on how complex the claim is and similar details.
Any accurate estimate usually ranges between 17,500 dollars to 50,000 dollars for all cases of personal injury.
In Florida, lawyers can never charge any amount that is greater than 33 1/3% from any type of settlement before any particular lawsuit. In most cases of accidents, attorneys only charge a particular fee related to personal injury claims.
And It’s A Legal Wrap!
Now that you know how much accident lawyers charge, you could easily consider hiring one! After all, there’s no risk of losing out on any amount of money – if you lose the case, then you will not have to pay any amount of money to the attorney you hired.
Also, these attorneys are always better motivated toward the cases they decide to work on! Don’t forget to let us know your thoughts on our take on ‘how much do lawyers charge for car accidents’ in the comments below!